EPICure 2 - EPICure 2
Visit EPICure 2
- EPICure 2
- Start Year
- Follow Up Is Ongoing
- Year of Most Recent Data Collection
- New Data Collection planned?
- Study design
- Number of Data Collection Events
- Number of very preterm (VPT) and/or very low birthweight (VLBW) births included in cohort (live & still births)
Costeloe KL, Hennessy EM, Haider S, Stacey F, Marlow N, Draper ES. Short term outcomes after extreme preterm birth in England: comparison of two birth cohorts in 1995 and 2006 (the EPICure studies). BMJ. 2012;345:e7976.
3 year follow up:
Moore T, Hennessy EM, Myles J, Johnson SJ, Draper ES, Costeloe KL, Marlow N. Neurological and developmental outcome in extremely preterm children born in England in 1995 and 2006: the EPICure studies. BMJ. 2012;345:e7961.
- United Kingdom
- Geographical Area
- All of England
- VPT/VLBW Group Inclusion Criteria
- All births in England between 22 and 26 completed weeks of gestation.
- Control Group Inclusion Criteria
- Controls were recruited at the 11 year follow-up by identifying classmates of index children in mainstream school who were born at term (37+0 or more weeks of gestation).
- VPT/VLBW Group Exclusion Criteria
- Control Group Exclusion Criteria
- Birth before 37 weeks of gestation.
- Supplementary Information
- Control group included at 11 year follow up.
Data Collection Events
||Data were collected on maternal socioeconomic and demographic characteristics, maternal health and obstetric history, pregnancy course, pregnancy complications, use of antenatal steroids, ...||2006||2006|
3 Year Follow Up
||At 2 years of age (24 months), a postal questionnaire was sent to parents of the participants to collect data on the participant's health, feeding, development, contacts with the health service ...||2008||2010|
11 Year Follow Up
||At 11 years of age, participants were invited to take part in a school-based assessment by a clinician and psychologist. Participants underwent a clinical examination including growth measures ...||2017||2018|