EPIPAGE 1 - Étude épidémiologique sur les petits âges gestationnels
- EPIPAGE 1
- Start Year
- End Year
- Follow Up Is Ongoing
- Year of Most Recent Data Collection
- New Data Collection planned?
- Data (questionnaire-derived, measured...)
- Other access
- Study design
- Number of Data Collection Events
- Number of very preterm (VPT) and/or very low birthweight (VLBW) births included in cohort (live & still births)
- Supplementary information about number of participants
1. Survival of very preterm infants: Epipage, a population based cohort study. Larroque B, Bréart G, Kaminski M, Dehan M, André M, Burguet A, Grandjean H, Ledésert B, Lévêque C, Maillard F, Matis J, Rozé JC, Truffert P; Epipage stusy group. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2004 Mar;89(2):F139-44.
2. Neurodevelopmental disabilities and special care of 5-year-old children born before 33 weeks of gestation (the EPIPAGE study): a longitudinal cohort study. Larroque B, Ancel PY, Marret S, Marchand L, André M, Arnaud C, Pierrat V, Rozé JC, Messer J, Thiriez G, Burguet A, Picaud JC, Bréart G, Kaminski M; EPIPAGE Study group. Lancet. 2008 Mar 8;371(9615):813-20. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(08)60380-3.
3. Special care and school difficulties in 8-year-old very preterm children: the Epipage cohort study. Larroque B, Ancel PY, Marchand-Martin L, Cambonie G, Fresson J, Pierrat V, Rozé JC, Marpeau L, Thiriez G, Alberge C, Bréart G, Kaminski M, Marret S; Epipage Study group. PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e21361. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0021361. Epub 2011 Jul 8.
EPIPAGE 1 Cohort
- Geographical Area
- Alsace, Franche-Comté, Languedoc-Roussillon, Lorraine, Midi-Pyrénées, Pays de la Loire, Haute Normandie, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Paris and its immediate suburbs (9 regions).
- VPT/VLBW Group Inclusion Criteria
All infants live born or stillborn and all terminations of pregnancy between 22 and 32 completed weeks of gestation (recruited between January 1 and December 31, 1997)
a sample of moderate preterm births (births and terminations of pregnancy) born between 33 and 34 completed weeks (2 month recruitment - april and october, 1997)
A sample of infants live born between 22 and 26 weeks of gestation, in 8 of the 9 regions between January 1 and December 31, 1998.
- Control Group Inclusion Criteria
- Infants born alive between 39 and 40 completed weeks (one week recruitment in 1997).
- VPT/VLBW Group Exclusion Criteria
- Control Group Exclusion Criteria
Data Collection Events
||Data on pregnancy, delivery and care prior to transfer to the neonatal unit were collected from maternal obstetric records and the obstetric team. This included data on pregnancy, multiples, ...||1997||1998|
2 Months After discharge
||Two months after returning home from the hospital, the mother completed a questionnaire about their experiences of returning home. Data were collected on childcare arrangements, age at discharge, ...||1997||1998|
9 Month Follow Up
||At 9 months of age, questionnaires were sent to the mother and father of the participant to assess the health and development of the infant, history of hospital admissions and contact with medical ...||1997||1999|
1 Year Follow up
||At 12 months, a short questionnaire was sent to the parents of participants to investigate the growth, health, medication usage, hospital admissions, sleep, nutrition and neurodevelopment of the ...||1998||1999|
2 Year Follow Up
||At 2 years of age, the mother of the participant completed a questionnaire on childcare and living arrangements, feeding and nutrition, sleep, behavior, history of hospital admissions and visits ...||1999||2000|
3 Year Follow Up
||At 3 years of age, parents of the participant completed a questionnaire about living and childcare arrangements, anthropometric measurements (height, weight, head circumference), health and ...||2000||2001|
4 Year Follow Up
||At 4 years of age, the parents of the participant completed a questionnaire on living arrangements, anthropometric measurements (height, weight, head circumference), general health, respiratory ...||2001||2002|
5 Year Follow Up
||At 5 years of age, the parents of the participant completed a questionnaire about school, childcare arrangements, sleep, diet, and parent-child activities performed. Details of health and ...||2002||2003|
8 Year Follow Up
||At 8 years of age, parents of the participants completed a questionnaire to assess anthropometric measurements (height, weight, head circumference), health, vision, hearing, language and speech ...||2006||2006|