EPIPAGE 2 - Étude épidémiologique sur les petits âges gestationnels
Visit EPIPAGE 2
- EPIPAGE 2
- Start Year
- Follow Up Is Ongoing
- Year of Most Recent Data Collection
- New Data Collection planned?
- National Research Agency
- Data (questionnaire-derived, measured...)
- Other access
- Study design
- Number of Data Collection Events
- Number of very preterm (VPT) and/or very low birthweight (VLBW) births included in cohort (live & still births)
- Supplementary information about number of participants
- 5 170 liveborn infants included at birth in the cohort
1. EPIPAGE 2: a preterm birth cohort in France in 2011. Ancel PY, Goffinet F; EPIPAGE 2 Writing Group. BMC Pediatr. 2014 Apr 9;14:97. doi: 10.1186/1471-2431-14-97.
2. Survival and morbidity of preterm children born at 22 through 34 weeks' gestation in France in 2011: results of the EPIPAGE-2 cohort study. Ancel PY, Goffinet F; EPIPAGE-2 Writing Group. JAMA Pediatr. 2015 Mar;169(3):230-8. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2014.3351.
3. Neurodevelopmental outcome at 2 years for preterm children born at 22 to 34 weeks' gestation in France in 2011: EPIPAGE-2 cohort study. Pierrat V, Marchand-Martin L, Arnaud C, Kaminski M, Resche-Rigon M, Lebeaux C, Bodeau-Livinec F, Morgan AS, Goffinet F, Marret S, Ancel PY; and the EPIPAGE-2 writing group. BMJ. 2017 Aug 16;358:j3448. doi: 10.1136/bmj.j3448.
- Geographical Area
25 regions: 21 of the 22 metropolitan regions, and 4 overseas regions of France.
Alsace, Aquitaine, Auvergne, Basse-Normandie, Bretagne, Bourgogne, Centre-Val de Loire, Champagne-Ardenne, Corse, Franche-Comté, Haute-Normandie, Île-de-France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Limousin, Lorraine, Midi-Pyrénées, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, PACA, Pays de la Loire, Picardie, Rhône-Alpes, Guyane, Martinique, La Réunion, and Guadeloupe.
- VPT/VLBW Group Inclusion Criteria
All infants (live born, stillborn) and all terminations of pregnancy between 22 and 31 completed weeks of gestation
a sample of moderate preterm births (all births and late terminations) at 32–34 weeks. Recruitment between March 28, 2011 and December 31, 2011.
- Control Group Inclusion Criteria
Controls groups could be selected from the Elfe study, a contemporary French cohort with a 20-year planned follow-up of 18 500 children born at or near term in 2011, in 344 randomly selected public and private maternity units in metropolitan France (www.elfe-france.fr).
600 infants born at term (>=37 weeks) are recruited from the Elfe study as a control group at the 5 and a half year follow up.
- VPT/VLBW Group Exclusion Criteria
- Control Group Exclusion Criteria
Data Collection Events
1 Year Follow up
||At one year of age (corrected age), a questionnaire was sent to the parents to investigate the participant's anthropometric measurements (height, weight, head circumference), hospital admissions ...||2012-04||2013-03|
||Data about pregnancy and birth were extracted from medical records or obtained by questionnaires sent to the maternity unit including maternal SES and demographic characteristics, maternal and ...||2011-03||2011-12|
2 Year Follow Up
||At 2 years of age (corrected age) the parents of the participant completed a questionnaire on anthropometric measurements (height, weight, head circumference), use of aids and equipment, hospital ...||2013-04||2014-03|
5.5 Year Follow Up
||At 5 years of age, participants underwent a clinical and psychological examination, and parents completed questionnaires. A clinical assessment was performed by a physician including evaluation of ...||2016-09||2017-12|